RE: Really Amateur Racing

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Really Amateur Racing
From: "Gordon Bird" <gordonbird@flashmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:04:36 -0500
Rick, I agree with you on the driving schools.  I, my wife and daughter have
attended some Quattro events and they are very instructional as well as
letting you learn by thrashing your car around.  Like your school, each
novice driver is accompanied by an instructor until they are given the OK to
solo.  Even then, passing only at designated areas (long straights).  My
whole family have become better drivers as a result.
Most marque clubs sponsor drivers schools or track days.  Porche, Audi, VW
(in my area), BMW, etc.  Hook up with one of those and you will have a great
time.

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
'62 MGA