Re: Chicago traffic

To: justbrits@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Chicago traffic
From: matttrebelhorn@netscape.net (Matthew Trebelhorn)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:57:00 -0500
Funny this should come up; I was just thinking about it on the way to work this
morning.  In the last 11 years, I've put about 150,000 miles on my B; about
half of that was in the DC metro area.

I've spent a bunch of time in philly; and a few trips through Manhattan and
Boston; driven cross-country, from New Brunswick to Toronto to Denver.  I
never, in all that time, had an accident, or even a close call.

In the last 16 months of living in Kentucky, I've been hit 5 times -- 4 while
stopped; 2 of those while waiting in line at a stoplight.  Ignorant cowboys
(and cowgirls) in ever-larger vehicles leave me longing for the comfort and
reliability of DC drivers.

Matt