Re: Engine Running Rough

To: <wtsnyder@juno.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Running Rough
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:55:29 -0000
No 1 plug may not be firing.  Clip your timing light onto each plug in turn
and check that it flashes.  Alternatively remove the lead from each plug in
turn and connect it to a spare plug which you lay on the block - check that
all spark.  Could still be a bad plug, though, 'cept you have replaced
yours.  Another way is to remove each plug lead in turn (if you do this with
the engine running watch out for shocks) and listen to how the engine
responds.  If the rough running gets even worse on three of the cylinders
but remains the same on the fourth, than that cylinder is not firing for
whatever reason.  Then you have to determine why.

PaulH.