Re: (SPOILER) Australian F1 Grand Prix

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Subject: Re: (SPOILER) Australian F1 Grand Prix
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 11:07:38 -0600
Hi List,
   I am gratified to see MG listmembers getting pumped
about Formula One.  Good on ya!  Over on the Ferrari
list, everyone is major-league BUZZED -- but that is to
be expected as we have two cars and about 10 engines
running in this season!

"Kai M. Radicke" wrote:

> >    With that in mind, have any of you seen video of...
> ...front suspension was totally destroyed from the rolls, but the bodywork was
>
> all yet intact.

   I guess the new chassis stiffness rules still are good.

> Comments about the beginning of the season?  Jensen Button has been given
> the shaft.  Frank Williams made a very bad decision with giving Button away
> to Benneton.  Like I had expected, Sauber and Prost are actually doing
> fairly impressive.  Young Hiedfeld has that Ferrari powered Sauber right up
> in the top 10, as does Jean Alesi with his Ferrari powered Prost.  I think
> the Prost/Sauber competition will be interesting, they're probably the two
> most evenly matched teams this season with the exception of different tyre

   Agreed.  I really think this is going to be a year with LOTS of different
colors on the podium.

> suppliers.  And the other surprise... both Minardis weren't in last place!

   I noticed that straight away!  What a treat!  Over on the Ferrari list,
a few of us sent notes to Minardi last season when they had a major
personal loss.  The OWNER replied to us personally!  Gotta like that!

> I hadn't really cared until I saw Trulli's practice times, but it looks like
> Jordan could be a contender for third place.

   Jordon is going to be good.  The Arrows cars were mid-pack
in practice.  I hope they improve as well.

> Ah well, the SO gets back this evening and wants to go out, so I miss live
> qualifying!!!!!!!!!  (it will be taped heh)

   That, as we say, SUCKS!

> Kai

Best,

Rick Lindsay