Re: stiff parking brake and frozen bleed screws.

To: "William Killeffer" <wtkilleffer@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stiff parking brake and frozen bleed screws.
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 15:49:36 -0000
After a life-time of BL (plus forebears and successors) handbrakes I have
learned that it is better to do a full rear-brake strip, clean and lubricate
at every service, particularly on a daily driver.  This includes lubricating
the pivot on the axle (only had to strip that once) when the cables are
disconnected from the drum levers to give plenty of 'waggle' room, and
putting a smear of grease on every metal-to-metal contact point inside the
drum.  Doesn't take long when you get used to it.

PaulH.