Re: Funny valves, was: Re: Okay, so no one watched the

To: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>,
Subject: Re: Funny valves, was: Re: Okay, so no one watched the
From: "Eddie Sheffield" <esheffield@prizmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:54:48 -0500
I remember a number of years back, maybe 10 or so, that one of the Japanese
companies (Honda, I think) announced a new valve design. Still mechanically
driven, but eliminated most of the valve train. The valves were rotary.
There was a shaft kind of like the camshaft that rode right on top of the
cylinder head. The surfaces that were sort of like lobes turned right
against the opening for the intake and exhaust ports. As it turned the ports
were opened and closed by the "lobes" blocking the openings.

I'm afraid I didn't describe that very well and I don't remember what they
called it. Anybody know what I'm talking about or if it were ever used?

Eddie
1971 Midget

From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>

> James Nazarian Jr wrote:
>
> > > Rick said - Okay, so no one watched the race...
> > >
> > I was particularly intrigued by the rumor that Relault might be working
on electromagnetically controlled valves.