Pulley Ckearance

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Pulley Ckearance
From: "John DiFede" <JDIFEDE@cablevision.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 10:54:21 -0500
Tom,  I have an identical situation in my 73 MGB.  When I reinstalled the motor
I used a crank pulley from a later engine, which I believe has a larger
diameter and therefore lees clearance between the steering rack.  Once I got
the engine installed I could see that changing the fan belt would be a fiddle.
What you are seeing is probably not a problem, just a case of a previous owner
swapping crank pullies.  As far as I know they are not available new.

John Di Fede
Business Planning
Cablevision Systems
38 Old Route Nine