Will a '70 MGB fit on a U-haul car carrier?

To: MGs@autox.team.net
Subject: Will a '70 MGB fit on a U-haul car carrier?
From: EMPcoLWE@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 13:48:53 EST
    Greetings O list.
    It's been a while since I unlurkedb" in which time I have gone through the
unpleasant but successful experience of recovering from my car accident of
two years ago.
    During my recovery I " accidentally " bought a '70 MGB  and I need to
transport it home (San Jose to Vallejo, Ca. if any listers are in the
neiborhoods )
    My Question (at last !) is in the subject line. I don't want to open the
"do I disconnect the drive shaft? " can of worms, (tempting though it is!)
and the car's not registered right now, so I'm renting a car carrier trailer
from U-haul, and I need to know if anyone has done this and knows if the car
will fit. Too narrow, and the wheels don't fit the spacing of the two
parallel ramps/strips. Given the distance between the two sets of wheels, I
can call U-haul (no commercial intended or implied. Just trying to get the
car here. YMMV;- ) and see.
    I'm on the digest and off to work, so reply either way, I'll get the
message.
    Thank you for any info.

Eric Peterson
59 MGA
70 MGB
65 V.W. Panel Van
97 Audi A4q  (supposed to be safe, real safe!)
Room waiting for an MG-TC some day