Re: Will a '70 MGB fit on a U-haul car carrier?

To: EMPcoLWE@aol.com, MGs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Will a '70 MGB fit on a U-haul car carrier?
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 15:48:47 EST
In a message dated 3/7/01 1:52:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, EMPcoLWE@aol.com
writes:

>     My Question (at last !) is in the subject line. I don't want to open the
> "do I disconnect the drive shaft? " can of worms, (tempting though it is!)
> and the car's not registered right now, so I'm renting a car carrier
> trailer
> from U-haul, and I need to know if anyone has done this and knows if the
> car
> will fit. Too narrow, and the wheels don't fit the spacing of the two
> parallel ramps/strips. Given the distance between the two sets of wheels, I
> can call U-haul (no commercial intended or implied. Just trying to get the

It will be no problem.  I used one for my Midget.  I suggest that you tell
U-Haul that you are towing a Ford Escort or some such POS, because they put
it into a computer to see if it will fit.  Who knows what it will say about a
B.  It says the Midget won't fit, and they will refuse to rent to you if the
computer says so.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget