Good replacement hoods seem to be hard to come by...

To: <Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com>, <kwaringa@dynsys.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good replacement hoods seem to be hard to come by...
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 09:37:29 -0700 (MST)
If you wreak your MG, and need to get a new hood, be prepared for a hastle.

They often come damaged from Moss, or so I am told, so the only way to keep
from getting stuck with a bad hood is to have it fully inspected prior to
signing for it.

As I am not experienced in what is going to take lots of work and what isn't, I
requested that Moss inspect it prior to shipping. Then I am having it shipped
straight to the body shop where they will inspect it, if it is not perfect, (as
in requires no work prior to prep and paint) it will be rejected and
replaced...  I wonder how many of these I am going to go though...

I have gone though two hoods so far, lets hope three is a charm. The shop said
that they have gone though six hoods trying to get a good one, and I don't
think that was even for a classic car.

(And not happy about it, I really don't need to hear, the should have bought it
from me because....)

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net