Re: Good replacement hoods seem to be hard to come by...

To: lundgren@byu.net, larryhoy@prodigy.net
Subject: Re: Good replacement hoods seem to be hard to come by...
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 18:26:06 EST
This isn't a problem unique to Moss or MGs.
I spent some time working with body shops as a part of my business a few
years ago.  One of the things that I learned is that replacement sheet metal
from all sources has a likelyhood of having some damage by the time the shop
gets it.  Consider that it has been shipped from the manufacturer to the
distributor then to the parts supplier then to the shop.  That means that it
has been handled by a lot of monkeys along the way.
The general rule seemed to be that if it could be repaired in less than 1
hour it was considered acceptable.  FWIW

George