Re: what size to build a trailer

To: Julie Ann Phillips <jphillips@cvalley.net>,
Subject: Re: what size to build a trailer
From: "David F. Darby" <dfdarby@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 05:35:35 -0800 (PST)
Greg, et al,

I generally use a tow dolly behind a Ford van to haul
LBCs around. Of course, if one does that, then one is
obliged to disconnect the (please don't start that
thread again) driveshaft.

On the occasions that I have used trailers, I have
borrowed ones from friends, and they seem to always be
twin axle rigs, 16 feet in length. Since most MGs are
around 13 feet in length, this size seems to work
pretty well. There is plenty of room to strap on extra
parts and so on, and you culd always all larger
vehicles if necessary. YMMV.

Regards,

David F. Darby
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/mgz