Re: Air pump

To: Brian Warmuth <warmuthb@vms.wlsc.wvnet.edu>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air pump
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 07:31:00 -0800 (PST)
This is interesting. My '76 has had all of the emissions controls removed
with the exception of the catalytic converter. When I took the car to my
local MG shop for some work and an inspection he always put an air pump on
the car for it to pass. But if my car has no emission equipment but the
catcon, I wonder where this pump was pumping air to? Unless he rigged a
line from the pump to the exhaust manifold... Is that where the pump pumps
the air? I guess it's a moot point since I am inspected until May of 2002
and after that, I will have historic plates on the car, meaning no more
inspections....

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ