Engine mount saga continues

To: "MGs (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine mount saga continues
From: scott beavis <sbeavis@solartronanalytical.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:53:40 -0000
I have bought two new brackets and two new engine mounts. I am now
struggling to remove the old ones. I have removed the alternator and the
alternator-side bracket (two bolts) and now I need to jack (with suitable
wood spreader) under the sump to lift the engine. I thought that the single
stud (round late type mounts) on the 'chassis side' of the mount went
through the inner wing, but on closer inspection it goes into a box thing.
Also the steering rod is slap bang in the way. How on earth am I supposed to
undo this? Haynes is useless on this one. All it says is that the steering
rack may have to be removed to change the LEFT (ie: carb side???) mount on
some models (I assume this only applies to left-hand drive cars). Mine is UK
RHD.

I don't want to just replace the brackets, because the rubber doesn't look
too healthy. Shall I just do the brackets for now and leave the existing
rubber bits?

I need to get this car back on the road by Friday so I have two
(short/dark/cold) evenings left to fix this.

:-(

Scott

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list