don't trust your SU's - wow!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <NASS@egroups.com>,
Subject: don't trust your SU's - wow!
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 20:25:55 -0500
After disassembling 6 pairs of HS carbs, I've found that
even
the same cast part (number cast into part) IS NOT THE SAME.

anyone having carb... running.... stumbling.... vacuum...
problems, beware.

I've found two sets now with the same part numbers,
and they are not the same. One has a carb 'ported' vacuum
tap, one doesn't and they have the exact same number on
them.

The inside 'port' that feeds the jet pipe at the bottom of
the float bowls
vary as well. I've found one is a small round hole rather
than the
'square' sediment trap everyone is use to.

The dashpot pistons... same story.  The little dumbbell on
the piston
is different lengths as well (the little free floating piece
on the
end of the piston.  8103 and 8114 are suppose to
differentiate
this, but not so.
This allows one to let the piston move father than the other
before
real 'damping' kicks in....

I'm bummed... I could go on and on.

No wonder everyone has so many problems, when not knowing
what you're starting with.

Paul Tegler      ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com

Paul Tegler      ptegler@cablespeed.com