Re: Is the Air Pump Really Necessary

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Is the Air Pump Really Necessary
From: "Dave Wood" <dwood143@home.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:48:54 -0800
Chris,

Oregon rules are similar.  Unfortunately the 1975 rule is permanent (so far)
in that the cars will have to be checked forever from 1975 on.  This is not
state wide, just in the Portland Metro area and a few other areas that have
high pollution in the summer.  I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes
statewide sometime in the future.  We have dyno tests for cars from around
1980-something on and exhaust emissions only on older cars.  They don't pop
the hood on the dyno tests, so it doesn't matter what you have done to the
engine so long as it passes.  However they do have some favorite tests such
as sealed gas tank caps that may vary from year to year.  Overall a real
pain in the arse every other year.  I have to junk one of my daughters cars,
an 86 Chevy this year because it will cost more that the car is worth to get
it through the testing.

Dave 72 B

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list