Anti Run on Valve

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Anti Run on Valve
From: "Malcolm Jeffcock" <mjeffcock@tru.eastlink.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:58:36 -0400
Listers:
                I spent last summer restoring a 74 B and still have a bit to
do (paint job, interior, carpet etc) but finished off last  November getting
an engine in and running. I started it up on Saturday....what a great
sound...but I have run on. I noticed that the little "nipples" on top of the
ani run on valve are broken off so the valve is not connected. How serious a
role does the valve actually play. Is it really a potential reason for my run
on?
        Also I'vs had a number of B's over the years and one thing I have
never had to play at was the oil gauge as a result I never really looked at
how it was hooked up. Mine does not work. I have located the end of the small
gauge copper tube which I blieve comes from the gauge and I have the steel
braded hose on the side of the block...I also have a brass fitting type thing
which I was told would hook them up but I don't see how. The brass thing has a
spade for an electrical hook up (I have one attached that seems to be for it,
trial and error no where else to put it), as well as two threaded  male
fitting which "could" serve as a connection for the braded hose BUT nowhere on
it is there a place for the small gauge copper pipe to connect...
                I welcome all insights and comments, thanks in advance

                                                            Malcolm in Nova
Scotia

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list