Re: Off topic posts, was: Re: Malaysian Grand Prix?

To: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Subject: Re: Off topic posts, was: Re: Malaysian Grand Prix?
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:18:53 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, R. O. Lindsay wrote:

>    Here is a question I would like to ask because it comes up on the
> Ferrari list from time to time -- usually just after a wave of new
> subscribers have come onboard.  What is the purpose of this list?
> Is it for the exchange of MG only information?  Technical topics?
> Racing topics?  Repair topics?  Cars for sale?  Or is it perhaps a place
> where a bunch of like-minded motorheads enjoy hanging out and
> telling old war stories -- be they about MGs, hard-to-get parts,
> obsolete distributor tuning or perhaps even racing?

I do believe the proper answer is "Yes."  Does that help :)

>    So, my point here is simply this; Do you want me to take my
> racing interests back to the Ferrari list and quit buggering your
> mailboxes with notes that you don't care about or are you perhaps
> intrigued by the limits of what a motorcar can actually be?  I and my
> posts will abide by you opinions.

If you were talking about NASCAR or some other boring form of
motorsport (drag racing), I would tell you to piss off.  F1 is different.

Besides, once the Lola car is racing, F1 is quite within the realm of
MG conversation :)

--
Aaron Whiteman - aaronw@wsu.edu - email with subject 'PGPKey' for pgpkey
   RCW 19.190 notice: This address is located in Washington State.

///