Car club insurance

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car club insurance
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 19:47:59 -0700
Well it's that time again.  Our MGCC here in Denver is faced with our annual
insurance renewal in the next month.  I suggested to
our club President that calling on the collective expertise of this list might
be helpful.  Keep in mind I have no knowledge of what
our club is doing now, and I am far from an insurance expert.  I'm just the leg
man on this issue.

The following is what I'm thinking we need to know, feel free to add any
special insight.  Maybe we could consider this a survey.
In that vein, I would be happy to compile the results and send them back to the
list.

What insurance company is insuring your club now (JC Taylor, Hartford, etc)?

What do you pay for an annual premium (base rate, plus per member)?

Do they insure timed events (TSD, Autocross, etc)?

What types of events are covered?

Have you taken advantage of the insurance benefit of affiliating with the
NAMGBR?

Are there other "clubs" like the NAMGBR that have club insurance benefits?

Have you had to make any claims?  If yes, were they handled to your
satisfaction?

Add anything else you can help me with.

Thanks.

Larry Hoy