Re: Cam timing offset key.

To: John DiFede <JDIFEDE@cablevision.com>
Subject: Re: Cam timing offset key.
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@home.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:17:02 -0800
Take your key and camshaft down to someone who deals in machine tools
and parts. Another possibility would be an industrial hardware store.
The key is a standard size and can be had from these sources for much
less than $17/ea.

Sorry if this is being too cheap. :-)

Cheers,
Dave Ambrose

John DiFede wrote:

> Does anybody have a source for offset woodruff keys used  to time a camshaft.
> I'm  trying to not spend a fortune on adjustable timing cranks etc.  I see
>that Moss lists a set of four keys in assorted offsets for about $69.00!
>Ouch...  All I need is a 2 degree key and it seems they should only cost a few
>dollars.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list