Re: 5-speed from Waterloo Drivetrain

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>, "Andrew B. Lundgren"
Subject: Re: 5-speed from Waterloo Drivetrain
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 23:18:08 -0500
> I think I should share info on a relatively new alternative to the 5 speed
> route, which I think is better, more practical, and more original (with
> higher resaleability!).  It is relatively expensive, but if you already
have
> an overdrive it isn't anymore expensive than a rebuild.  This solution
> provides with potentially EIGHT forward gear ratios.

Let me clarify that.  It gives you eight _usable_ forward gear ratios.  Now
that the OD is virtually bullet proof it makes it practical to use it in 2nd
and 3rd (first maybe if you're involved in racing), and of course fourth.  I
know sometimes where I'd like to use OD in 2nd, like during high way
construction where you move along at a steady pace but slowly...

Kai

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list