Re: Diaphragm vs. Webbing

To: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Subject: Re: Diaphragm vs. Webbing
From: Nina Barton <ninaba@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:04:56 -0800
Bud,  when I did my GT last summer, I went with the diaphragm.  It's one of
the things which still bothers me about my seats.  The foam is definitely
higher, and though it hadn't been a problem, my legs still rub the
underside of the wheel when I try and sit in the car now.  Webbing might
very well help you, just for the fact that you would be in somewhat the
same position as before you did the seats.  I believe it's stretchier than
the diaphragm.  A year of use, and I'm just starting to be able to really
squish my legs back to their previous position when driving.  One $.02
worth,  Nina

Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:57:37 -0500
I know, the topic has been beaten to death and diaphragm always wins.  I've
gathered up the materials to redo the seats of my 77B.  Planned to use the
diaphragms, but they're B/O'd at Moss.  I am strongly tempted to use the
webbing, after giving it second thoughts.  My reasoning is based upon the fact
that I'm about 6'1" and I'm not that gung ho on the idea of raising the cushion
up too much higher. Any comments?  TIA.

- --
Bud Krueger
http://home.ici.net/~bkrueger/