RE: rear axle dilemma

To: harlanjillson <harlanjillson@pdq.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: rear axle dilemma
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:47:12 -0700
I am the original poster, and Blake promptly emailed me with this theory
last night. And yes, this is quite plausible. The car has wire wheels. I
haven't removed the wheels yet (its my son's car and I'm making sure he is
involved in the work at hand), but the distance from the rims to the brake
drums looks like its a bit further than it should be, maybe due to the hub
position.

David

At 12:13 PM 3/28/2001 -0600, harlanjillson wrote:

>You know,
>    If the original poster is talking about a wire wheel car, with no
> clearance
>with stock size tires, he could have one the some dodo has converted to wires
>without changing out the rear axle, just changed the hubs.  This trick will
>leave you with maybe a 1/2" clearance on each side, and tires the rub
>whenever
>you hit a bump, or corner hard.
>    I've got one like this that I'm changeing back to original.
>Harlan

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list