Clutch Pedal Movement when fully engaged.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Pedal Movement when fully engaged.
From: "Wil Boucher" <william@greenmgb.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:23:54 -0800
I noticed something yesterday, and wanted to ask if it was normal...

The bits:
1969 MGB, non-overdrive transmission, standard engine...

When traveling along a good stretch of empty straight road yesterday, I
noticed some movement in my clutch pedal that I never noticed before.
It seems that when I am accelerating, with the clutch fully engaged, and
then let off the gas, with the clutch still fully engaged, the pedal moves
down about 1/4-1/2 inch. almost as if the transmission of engine were
shifting...then when I step on the gas again, it moves back up to where it
was.

Speed/gear dosen't seem to be a factor in this, I noticed it at different
speeds, in different gears.

Also note that the distance of travel estimates are guesses, as it is
kinda-hard to gage the distance purely from foot feel alone...

Is this an indicaton of something on the way out, or just normal travel.

Am I just a paranoid guy?

Thanks.
Wil Boucher
1969 MGB