Re: Clutch Pedal Movement when fully engaged.

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Pedal Movement when fully engaged.
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:37:49 -0800
My first question is, how did you notice the clutch pedal moving? Do you
make a habit of resting your foot on the clutch pedal? Not recommended.

But really, I am puzzled by this behavior. The clutch is a purely hydraulic
system. Movement of the engine/transmission cannot possibly feed back
through the clutch pedal. And throttle position should have no effect on the
hydraulic pressure, either. Now if you were talking about the brake pedal,
and if you had a vacuum brake booster, then maybe something like that could
happen. But even if the thrust washers on the engine were gone, and the
crankshaft were free to move in and out, there wouldn't be any pressure on
the throwout bearing with the clutch engaged, so I don't see how it could
feed back to the pedal.

?????

--

Max Heim