Aftermarket steering wheels

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Aftermarket steering wheels
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 00:20:32 -0500
I am in the process of renewing the interior of my '71 B (new carpets,
panels, dash, chrome bits, rebuilt seats, etc). When I bought the car, the
spokes of the steering wheel were rusty, so I cleaned them up a bit and
painted them. Although the wheel looks OK now with the old interior, I know
it will look bad when the new interior is in compared to everything else.
With some of the vendor's winter specials extended, there are some decent
deals on aftermarket Mountney leather/wood rimmed wheels. The only thing
that is making me hesitate in ordering one is that the wood rimmed wheel is
13" in diameter, versus the 15.5" original one. Any listers out there have
one of these 13" wheels in their car? Does it look/feel too small? I do like
the 15" Motolita wheels better, but they are ~2x the price.

Craig
'71 B

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list