Re: FW: replacement bearings x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FW: replacement bearings x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 10:37:19 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Greg wrote:

> Are you using the stock rubber muffler bearings? I upgraded to the neoprene
> bearings and have had no trouble. You can get them at NAPA for about half
> the price of what Moss charges.
>
> <On April 1 Dave H. offered>
> > Well folks, I"ve truly had it with this restoration. For the third time,
> > Moss' bearings let me down again. Noise started  immediately after
> > taking the car out this evening and got progressively louder while under

Ahh, you have discovered yet another joy of MG driving.  Muffler
bearings have a life of about 5 minutes, or one rev to 5000 rpm,
which ever comes sooner.  Perhaps the neoprene bearings last a little
longer, but they still wear out quickly.

Most people just give up and stop replacing them, which explains the
"distinctive sound" of an MG.

Speaking of common problems, my blinkers are on the fritz again.
Anybody know a cheap source of fluid?

--
Aaron Whiteman - email me with the subject 'PGPKey' for pgpkey
   RCW 19.190 notice: This address is located in Washington State.

///