Re: MGA glovebox

To: R C Engelhardt <hardt@sonic.net>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA glovebox
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:51:33 -0500
At 11:32 AM 4/5/2001 -0700, R C Engelhardt wrote:
>Suspended under the center of the dash, above the transmission hump, I
have a well made leatherette covered wooden box with a spring hinge door
(approx. 10x5x5).

Wow!  This sounds like a winner accessory. Got any pictures?  All I ever
had there was a monster cup caddy, snuggled up alongside of the navigator's
desk.  See here:
    http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/members/barneymg/ak/pic10/10-19.htm

>.... noticed that the leatherette on the door is embossed with an MG
octagon symbol. Now I'm wondering if it is a factory or dealer installed item.

Such things were comonly conjured up as aftermarket accessories, provided
by the likes of MG Mitten or Amcco (sp?) accessories.  Common items were
gloveboxes, parcel shelves, door pockets, center consoles, arm rest boxes,
ash trays, chrome sill plates and kick panels, luggage racks, badge bars,
adn the list is actually very much longer.

>Does anybody else have one? ....

I have never seen one, but would love to see some pictures of it.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg

///