Re: MGA glovebox

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA glovebox
From: R C Engelhardt <hardt@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:12:01 -0700
Sorry, I'm one of the last 10 people in California without a digital
camera...or even a regular camera. I'll try to borrow one for pictures.
I do know that the car was purchased new from Carl R. Carlsen's of San
Francisco. The box looks too good to have been done by a previous owner
although the first owner was the Fire Chief of Sausalito and they
usually have lots of spare time and plenty of good quality tools to
hobby with. I imagine someone could figure out how to emboss the MG
octagon.

Ron
56 MGA

Barney Gaylord wrote:

> At 11:32 AM 4/5/2001 -0700, R C Engelhardt wrote:
> >Suspended under the center of the dash, above the transmission hump, I
> have a well made leatherette covered wooden box with a spring hinge door
> (approx. 10x5x5).
>
> Wow!  This sounds like a winner accessory. Got any pictures?  All I ever
> Such things were comonly conjured up as aftermarket accessories, provided
> by the likes of MG Mitten or Amcco (sp?) accessories.  Common items were
> gloveboxes, parcel shelves, door pockets, center consoles, arm rest boxes,
> ash trays, chrome sill plates and kick panels, luggage racks, badge bars,
> adn the list is actually very much longer.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list