Re: Turn Signals no work!

To: Scott Allen <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Turn Signals no work!
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 20:04:40 -0400
Scott,

     I'm unsure of whether this would apply to a '74 1/2, but on a '77B the feed
for the turn signals goes through the Hazard Warning Switch.  Sometimes this
switch balks at feeding the turn signals and needs to be flipped a few times to
clean up the contacts.  This is probably the simplest possible fix.  Most
anything else will take some wire tracing.  In the '77 the turn signal flashers
are located behind the glovebox, but are accessible.  The one for the turn
signals has a green wire feeding it, the hazard flasher is another color
(perhaps
purple) and always 'hot'.  If you swap the 'hot' wire from the hazard flasher to
the turn signal flasher, it'll let you operate the turn signals without the
ignition being on.  If that works, it's a good indication that you're losing
power to the turn signal circuit and that the parts are okay.

Hope this helps,