Re: Splines

To: ABadeker@tribune.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Splines
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:54:14 EDT
In a message dated 4/18/01 1:23:26 PM, ABadeker@tribune.com writes:

<< Apparently the knockoff keeps the wheel on, but can't
make up for worn splines no matter how hard you bash those guys on there. >>

A sad story I've told before, but when I was young and foolish I had a new
'68 GT with wires I never greased until the wheels/hubs were way gone.  I had
three let go on me while enroute.  The front ones weren't too bad, 'cause you
can use your handbrake to help stop without spinning the wheels on the hub.
But on the rears, you were dead in the water--power spun the hub but not the
wheel.  And I was a starving student at the time.  Sad.

Jay Donoghue

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list