Re: Fuel problems continue

To: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel problems continue
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:01:42 -0400
Had to take the Sable to the rallye (oh well). When I got home I took off
the line from the tank to the pump. I blew it out (lung power), nothing
came. Replaced all flexible sections of it (they were not very good).
Replaced to compression fitting on tank and then blew that clear (into tank
of fuel). Hooked back up to car. Took car out and made it about four miles
before problems arose again. Limped home, idled car for a bit with fuel
filter again full and the filter ran out of fuel over a few minutes. turn
off car turn back on a min or so and the pump happily filled the filter
again, same story then. I am not thinking well as it was a long drive to a
70 mile rallye (third place) and then came home to immerse myself in gas
fumes for a while. Oh yeah, changed the filter twice. pumped through it
great before and after each time. Head fuzzy now.
Carl French
I have not changed any of the rubber lines between the pump and the filter
yet. Have not taken the tank off and slushed out.

At 07:15 AM 4/29/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Carl,
>
>     I'm really sorry to see that you're not in motoring shape.  Is there
> anything
>I can do to help?  FYI, the fuel tank that I bought for the '77B from Moss,
>through George Merryweather, was exactly as I would have expected, fit
>right in
>and functions fine.
>
>Bud
>
>Carl W French wrote:

> > >I forgot. Sorry, I run a purolator aftermarket pump.
> >
> > Can't thank you enough for this help here. The car had an old AC fuel pump
> > on it when i got it. It had the PSI step down unit inline to the carbs.
> >
> > Carl
> > I have a bike pump at home I guess I could do it with that. Do you think
> > that would work? Would I still have to a big cleanout of the tank now or
> > would that hold it for say a season?
> > Carl

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list