Re: the Sunday drive

To: saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: the Sunday drive
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 20:45:55 -0400 (EDT)
Ah, the fabled Sunday drive. How is it that Max writes about all the old
vehicles he saw on his Sunday drive when my SO and I in my red-orange 76B,
not shall we say unnoticable on the road, drove about 100 miles around NJ
and saw nary a one. No B's, no A's, no Tr's, no Morgans, no Lotuses, no
nothing except...the day was spectacular. The sky was clear. The trees
smelled great and the road was fairly open for the
small state of NJ.  We toured a local hot spot...the site of the
Hindenberg crash at the Lakehurst Naval Air Station, Lakehurst, NJ.

The enlistee at the gate, after eying this tiny car, older than he, gave
us a pass to go see the site...literally a small plaque planted flat in
the ground in the middle of a number of intersecting runways with an
outline of decorative brick...I think the outline
represented the touchdown of the gondola before it was overwhelmed by the
flaming hydrogen.

I hope the lack of LBC's on the road doesn't represent anything more than
the absence of LBC's on the road. You know, like a trend in increasing
numbers of trailor queens. Or cars driven only to events?

I really like seeing our cars being driven, but after 560 miles this
spring, I have not seen a one.  Where are you?

BillS (not Schooner)
'76B

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list