Re: V1 #488

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: V1 #488
From: Chris Thompson <ct@cthompson.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 08:41:32 -0400
On Tue, 01 May 2001, Steve Morris wrote:
> Any other recent DeLorean sightings to extend this phenomenon? And back
> on topic, I didn't see a single LBC all during these last half dozen
> beautiful days! Lots of Miatas, but not one with the top down, and most
> with the windows up.

There's a Delorean that drives around here quite a bit.

Sep. of 99 I was on a vacation weekend on South Bass Island Ohio in lake
erie. Was walking through the main part of town when a delorean turned the
corner. Then another. A few Golf carts (SBI is a small island where most
people get around by driving gas powered golf carts with real license
plates!). Then three more Deloreans.

Come to find out the Ohio Delorean Society or whatever it's called was
having it's fall meet in the park on the island. In all there was like 15
deloreans, all in Stainless Steel, on the island that day. Every single one
was driven and took the ferry across from the shore.

This was early in the morning before the event organizers were ready for
them, so when we walked around the corner on the next block there were six
of them in a row parked outside the diner, apparently getting breakfast. A
truly amazing sight.

As for LBC's, I see almost none here in Cincinnati. There's a guy with a
clean looking TR6 somewhere near my house as I've seen him driving around on
nice days. And oddly enough, yesterday on the way home from work there was a
B roadster heading the other way on the highway. a 70-71 by the
grille. That's the first B I've seen on the road in the past year since I've
had mine and been looking. There's also a Healy 3000 somewhere in town that
I see when the weather turns nice.

-C

P.S. - Funny thing is about South Bass Island (Put-In Bay as it's
called), there's easily twice as many golf carts on the road as real
cars. When we went to rent our cart (We had left our car on the shore and
taken the passenger ferry) we were given a by warning the guy who rented it
gave me. See, on SBI, there's not much to do other than Sail, Fish and
Drink. The main strip is nothing but bars. So the guy handed over the keys
and said "This is a vehicle licensed by the state of ohio and follows all
road rules." I didnt follow so he said "If you drive this drunk the police
will pull you over, give you a DUI, and you'll probably lose your
license." I'm all for sober driving, but a DUI on a vehicle that cant cross
9mph seemed a bit harsh. :)