Shock Removal

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shock Removal
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 16:31:35 -0400
In attempting to remove the shocks from my 1977 MGB I have ruined both
fulcrum pins in attempting to drive them out. I even used a brass drift
but the constant pounding, to no avail, stripped the threads on the pins
and the nuts. Is there a secret to driving these pins out that I am
unaware of? It's the pin that hold the shock to to the top of the
kingpin. What was to have been an hour's job this morning has now become
a major undertaking.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski
www.bmcne.com

///