Re: Grills

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Grills
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 19:17:38 EDT
In a message dated 14/05/01 1:53:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

>     Moss Motors is attempting to manufacture a high quality reproduction
> of the factory MGA grill assy ( both flat & recessed versions) and is in

About bloody time!
Maybe you can make one without a Mickey Mouse 'MG" badge that is glued to a
screw and guaranteed to fall off if overtightened by one inch-pound, or
within one week of installation, whichever comes first!

I have always wondered what truth in advertising would have done - offer both
the cheap and the proper parts, and explain the difference - how many people
would buy the '1 year' bumper, and how many would spend twice as much for the
10 year guarantee?

Bill S.
(who has had to have a BRAND NEW Moss piece of crap rechromed _before_
installing it on a car, just so the damned thing wouldn't rust out in a heavy
dew - I had a new one in the box on the shelf rust, and I had a new one on a
car in dry storage bloom with rust in 1 year!)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list