clunky grinding sounds

To: "MgsLIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: clunky grinding sounds
From: "Christopher Marley" <mkris@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 21:46:31 -0400
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

I am the proverbial lurker with tons of questions and less answers about my
1977 MGB. This problem is really bugging me: When I shift there is a short
period of a second or two in first gear when there is a grinding clunky
sound from the underneath and front of the car. The car moves great, I have
had the transmission rebuilt by a MG repair shop, the clutch rebuilt and the
rear axle washer replaced. Does anyone have any idea what this sound is? And
how much noise is normal in an MG.
Chris

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list