Re: Hub reassembly questions (75 B)

To: "Mark Dawson" <torchbone@bright.net>,
Subject: Re: Hub reassembly questions (75 B)
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 20:13:12 +0100
I seem to recall various non-machined features inside my hubs.

The spaces should fit through the outer race of the *inner* bearing, but
possibly only if the oil seal isn't yet fitted, the factory manual doesn't
give a replacement order.  The collar should be fitted to the stub axle
before the complete hub and bearing assembly, not the hub.  The factory
manual *does* say that the spacer should be lightly greased, the bearings
packed from one side only, the space between inner bearing and oil seal
filled, but the space between the bearing and the end cap *not* filled.
Nothing about greasing the spindle, but I don't suppose light greasing would
hurt.

PaulH.