Paint and Bodywork Alternative

To: mgs@autox.team.net (MGs)
Subject: Paint and Bodywork Alternative
From: Nferre@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:23:45 EDT
Hi All,

I wanted to let you all know of an alternative to expensive paint and
bodywork.  A friend of mine has my 79 MGB for the next two weeks or so.  He
teaches kids how to do paintwork and bodywork at vocational department of a
local high school.  I've seen their finished work, and it is exceptional.

As an example, the best estimate I had gotten was $2000, including my
employee discount at the dealership where I work, before that it was $2600.
I'm not counting places like Maaco, only reputable shops, I wouldn't let
Maaco or the like touch my car, so I don't know what they would have charged.

Anyway, including the $5 labor charge, my total bill will be around $500.
Figure another $250 for various trim pieces and stripes, etc... $750 and she
is finished.

Just thought I would throw this out there for the benefit of the group, maybe
y'all can save some $$ too.....

Nels Ferri
Lake Mary, FL
79 MGB (getting new green paint!!)