Re: Question about car covers (now possible domestic issue)

To: Pointparty@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question about car covers (now possible domestic issue)
From: George <aigel.geo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 19:35:32 -0700 (PDT)
Mel:

Are you telling me that a minivan goes into the garage while the B stays
outside under a cover? You need to sleep on the sofe! Man, you are
whipped. :) Just kidding.

If you live there for longer, plan on adding another garage or how about a
car port for the minivan! Car covers all s*ck and none of them works
perfectly. If they are 100% rain tight, they will keep the humidity inside
the car, if they are somewhat breathing, they are not rain tight. Until
you can build a garage you should look into buying a driveway tent / roof.
The can be had for about $200 at WalMart etc. You can anchor them to your
driveway with some concrete anchors. Park the car under the tent and then
put a breathing cover (a cheap budge cover from WM will do) and make sure
you take it off at least once a week for a day to give the car some air to
dry and breathe, especially the interior.

Be careful, I have seen cars interiors totally decayed after only a year
under a car cover left in the elements...

Hope this helps!

George
http://auctions.yahoo.com/

///