Re: Steering Wheels...

To: AGreenberg@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering Wheels...
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 08:45:35 EDT
In a message dated 5/22/01 2:57:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
AGreenberg@aol.com writes:

> What would make things a bit better would be a smaller diameter steering
> wheel.  The orginal is 15 inches, I thinking along the lines of a JC
> Whitney 13 inch and I'll fabricate an adaptor of some sort.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

The wheel in my Midget is also a bit too large.  I was looking at Grant
steering wheels at Pep Boys.  They have a pretty good web site, and I think
contacting them with some measurements might be a good idea.  The big problem
in the Midget is the offset of the hub.  Whilst your average '60s era Mustang
has a wheel that is 8" deep from rim to nut, that wheel would be behind your
back if you put it in a Midget!

Check out Grant.  I found an application chart at
http://www.exoticwooddash.com/grantmakesmodels.htm
and I'm sure there are other sites for them.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport