RE: New Rear Springs

To: "'Scott Bruner'" <sbruner@ligtel.com>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New Rear Springs
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 08:40:23 -0700
Scott:

        Loosen all the mounting nuts.  Then put the car back on the ground.
Once full weight is on the springs, then tighten up the nuts.

        Once this is done, you can jack the car back up and install the
straps.

        Both front and rear suspension pivot points have to be tightened
with the suspension in the weighted position.  If they are not, the
metalastic bushings may rip when the suspension is compressed.

Kelvin.

> After installing new 6 leaf rear springs on my '73 mgb I have
> found I can
> not connect the reboud straps.  After checking the archives I
> have seen some
> people with similar experiances, but I have not been able to
> find answers as
> to the problem yet.  Can I expect these springs to settle, or
> should I look
> into someting else?  TIA
>
> Scott Bruner

///