RE: MGBGT hot (not)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGBGT hot (not)
From: "Greg Bass" <gregbass@atlantadental.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 14:29:40 -0400
Only 70% humidity Mel? Here in good ol Atlanta,GA 80% - 90 % is more the
norm during the last half of the summer months. And with temps in the 90
degree range, I can get pretty darn uncomfortable for the unaccustomed. But
I've lived here all my life, minus the years overseas and a few down in
Augusta while in the military. So it doesn't bother me too much. But I am
glad I have the B this summer. Drop the top and let the wind blow thru the
1/4 inch hair still on my head! (That is when your not at a stand still on
the interstates)

Greg Bass
'78 B

"What sets us against one another is
  not our aims--they all come to the same
  thing--but our methods, which are the
  fruits of our varied reasoning."
  Saint-Exupery; Sand and Stars (1939)

> << , but it is quite warm driving a GT  even with these
>  New England summers >>
>
> I am a Southerner by birth and an MGB/GT owner by the grace
> of God.  I drive
> my GT regularly here in the Charleston, SC area.  (it's the
> blue one that
> usually needs washing)  With the front window rolled down and
> rear window
> wings extended it is not bad even here with temps already at
> 90 in the city
> and "relative" humidity frequently above 70%.  (Make sure the
> engine oil
> cooler is in good working condition.)
>
> But we are accustomed to the heat and I am old enough to have
> reached my
> teens before we had even a window unit AC.
>
> Might be that really thick New England blood needs thinning
> out.  We ;have
> friends and relatives up there who must go through a 3 day
> body acclimation
> and adjustment when visiting us.  Then we can't get rid of them!
>
> BTW, I don't think a sunroof will solve your problem, it will
> only let in
> sun, etc.  We have electric sunroofs on some of our cars and
> don't use them
> much except at night.
>
> mel
> 71 MGB/GT semi-regular driver