MGB under carriage

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB under carriage
From: Wesley Lyon <lyonw@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 10:43:39 -0500
Hello All,
Have a question. I am sandblasting the bottom of my 1965 MGB ( minus floor
pans). Well I spent about 6 hours working on it this weekend and only got a
little more that half of the underside of the trunk. The way I did it was
jacked one side up, put jack stands up, put those big concrete bricks under
the jack and jack it up more, and finally placed bricks under the jack
stands and rested the car on that. I had a REAL hard time blasting around
the axle and at this point am not ready to take it out. I am curious to hear
of an easier way to do this or somehow gain better access to the under
carriage of the car. Any ideas? Sorry if I confused it even more.

Thanks

Wesley Lyon
1965 MGB Pull handle

///