Re: Mg's are costly to repair?

To: ckotting@core.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mg's are costly to repair?
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:59:56 EDT
I agree.  I just had the front wheel bearings replaced after 150,000 miles on
the Mitsubishi.  Cost: $340.00, parts and labor.  It's about 50 bucks and a
Saturday morning for the Midget!

Allen Hefner

In a message dated 5/30/01 7:40:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ckotting@core.com writes:

> Now admittedly, I'll probably out another few hundred into it making it
> perfect, but still will be under your parts plus labor and towing bill.
>
> Chris (shaking his head in amazement at folks who think MGs aren't
> "practical")
>
> > Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 16:31:10 -0400
> > From: "Greg Bass" <gregbass@atlantadental.com>
> > Subject: Mg's are costly to repair?
> >
> > WI bought my '78B last August, my brother made an off handed comment that
> > they are costly to repair. Well.... he has a 97 Accura CL, and the
> > alternator went out on it the other day. The cost of the repair:
> >         Towing - $100
> >         New alternator - $375 (no rebuilds. only new ones available
> strictly from
> > an Accura dealer)
> >         Labor to install - $250
> > It makes my heart (and wallet) feel so good. LOL......

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list