Re: Calling all LE freaks

To: danhackney@nc.rr.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Calling all LE freaks
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 10:21:54 EDT
Biff Jones on the Spridgets list has the lowest mileage Sprite (Mark II?) in
the USA, and probably the second lowest in the world.  The car was purchased
by a young man who was promptly drafted and sent to Viet Nam.  Sadly, he was
killed, and his parents never sold his car.  They just left it sitting for
years in the garage.  The father eventually died and when the mother decided
to move to FL, she sold the car to Biff.

I forget the year and mileage (less than 3000 miles, maybe less than 2000!),
but someone will fill us in.  (Larry?)  Biff trailors the car to shows, and I
agree with him not wanting to drive it.  It is a wonderful thing to see a car
that old, still with EVERYTHING original, including tires.  It is even a good
resource for concours judges and people doing restos.  If you get a chance to
see Biffs car, look it over carefully.  And Biff's a great guy.

Allen Hefner

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

In a message dated 5/30/01 6:30:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
danhackney@nc.rr.com writes:

> I recently saw a black 1981 Corvette with 9 miles on it. The guy drove it
> home from the dealership in town and parked it. Very nice for originality
> and lack of wear to paint, seats, etc...
> BUT, as mentioned by Rick, it would probably not be drivable unless nearly
> everything on the car that is made of rubber was replaced.
> Neat to look at though...
> -Dan
> '72B
>

> > Who would buy a brand-new car then out it on blocks for 10 years?? That's
> > what I don't understand...! I certainly don't have that kind of disposable

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list