Fender Bead

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fender Bead
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 13:03:15 -0500
I'm getting ready to put the front fenders back on my 74 MGB this weekend (I
hope).  The beading on the fenders was in pretty bad shape so I've removed
it.  The beading was spot welded onto the fenders.  Since I don't have a
welder, I was wondering about using JB Weld to secure the bead to the
fender.  Has anyone tried this?  It seems once the fenders are bolted to the
body there will be sufficient pressure to hold the bead in place.  Also,
will JB Weld bond to paint?  The area under the bead had a lot of surface
rust, which I've cleaned up.  I'd like to give the edges a good coat of
paint before putting the bead back on.

TIA

Ken Waringa

///