MGA Cooling

To: <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA Cooling
From: "Edwin McCarroll" <emccarroll@mco.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:17:36 -0400
I tested my MGA 's capacity to cool by running it at approx. 65-70mph during an
80 deg.F day.   Sure enough the temp. gauge rose to about 200 deg.F.    Upon
arriving home I switched off and carefully removed the radiator cap and
inserted two thermometers into the filler neck.   I then restarted the warm
engine and revved it slightly for coolant circulation.   Both thermometers
matched each other but registered twenty degrees cooler than the instrument
gauge, indicating that the gauge is out of whack.
Is this the correct procedure for testing the gauge, and is ther conclusion
correct?   Can the gauge be repaired, recalibrated, etc. tested for relable
use?

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list