Re: Tops

To: Chris Chandler <barak@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: Tops
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:26:29 -0700
The yellowing is an irreversible UV degradation of the vinyl.  When you
can't see through them anymore it is a safety issue, so bite the bullet
and buy a new top.  They are not difficult to install, and I've gotten
good service out of the Robbins brand for around $200.

Eight years is a decent lifetime for these tops, especially if you live
in the sun belt.

I don't know about your frame question, but I installed the later type
frame that folds down with no bows bending in towards the middle.
Easiest to use IMHO.

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia w/2.1
'65 MGB (Daily driver since 1969)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring sloooowly)

Personal mechanic for:
'70 MGB GT (Daughter's)

Assisting on Restoration (and spending OPM):
'72 MGB GT (Was daughter's, now son's)
'64 MGB (Son's)

Stripped and gone but their parts live on:
'68 MGB, '73 MGB, '67 MGB GT

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list