Anyone ever use VB's windshield installation tool?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Anyone ever use VB's windshield installation tool?
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 22:21:43 -0700
I am getting ready to install a windshield in my MGB.  I am just
waiting a few parts now, (the bottom elbow brackets were rusted really
badly.) I have read the horror stories on installing it.   I saw VB has
a tool for installing them.  I figured it could only make it easier,
the clutch alignment tool is pretty cool, this is cheap and might end
up being equally useful.

Unfortunately I can't quite see what I am to do with it.  It is a
plastic stick with one end flat and sharpened and the other end
tapered...  How is this fine too going to help me?  I can see that it
might help me keep from scratching up my paint, but beyond that...  I
am at a loss.   (It was pretty cheap though, so I am not too worried
about it.)

Thanks!
--
Andrew Lundgren